In life, things get complicated over time. We discover who we are and who we want to be. People come into our worlds, sometimes as blessings in disguise and sometimes like a wrecking ball at full force. We are forced to live life in the pattern installed throughout thousands of years.
Birth. Childhood. Teenager. Young Adult. Adult. Old Age. Death
Along with all the many things in between…
Falling in Love, Getting Heart Broken, Going to College, Getting a Job, Paying the Bills, Getting Married, Having Children, Finding Out Who is Really There for You, Learning to Let Go, Accepting What Is and What Will Be.
Does the concept of time slowing down really exist? Is there a moment in your life where your surroundings and the world around you just slows down? Did you ever have a moment in your life when things seemed perfect. The feeling that no matter what happened or what you did, life would still be this perfect in the end.
In my experience, I have never imagined the concept of time stopping even for a second. You think, “If time could just stop for a minute, things could have been different..” Things could have been different because…
- You could have taken back what you said
- You could have stopped yourself from making the biggest mistake of your life
- You could have changed your mind
- You could have changed your life FOREVER
- You could have EVERYTHING
There is so many things we could have, should have, would have done in this life. We want to change the decisions in our life when things don’t work out for us but in reality, the bad in life will always exist. We are always going to experience life in black and white. Some days, life will be captured in a million tiny photographs, passing through your thoughts giving you a rush of happiness and the feeling you get when you breathe cold air into your lungs for the first time after a snow storm…Breathless. Other days, time will feel like it has stopped as photographs of the painful events flash before your eyes, forcing you to relive the memories, leaving you again…Breathless.
The idea of slowing down time, gives hope that things have a chance of working out in the end. The truth is, whether or not we get the chance to stop time for even just a second to correct our mistakes, bad choices/mistakes will still exist.
We could imagine a world where we could just get lost and reinvent ourselves over and over again until we get it right. Until we get it perfect. We could dream up a fairy tale where Prince Charming comes to save us from our problems and takes us away into the sunset. We could move to another country and start over with a new life, new job and new identity. In the end, our problems will still exist and life will still go on. Time can’t be stopped but time can help us figure out life and help us solve our problems.
Things to help solve issues..
- Stop forcing people to be what they are not.
- Stop trying to fit people into your life. Some people are just not meant to be apart of it.
- Stop blaming everyone but yourself. You are not perfect, just like everyone else.
- Stop thinking everyone has the same thoughts, opinions and heart as you.
- Start accepting people are different than you. Not everyone will do things the same way you do.
- Stop forcing people to support you. You shouldn’t have to force people if they really cared in the first place.
- Learn that you contribute to your problems too.
- Learn you can’t change people, they have to want to change on their own.
- Things happen. You could either dwell on it forever or learn to let things go.
- Learn to love yourself first. Cliche as it is, you need to love yourself in order to accept the love you receive from others.
- Learn to depend on yourself. In the end, you are the only one who can help you.
- Learn to let others in. Life can get lonely being on your own. Be careful but don’t be afraid to let your guard down.
- Learn to forgive yourself and others. We all make mistakes.
- Learn not everyone has the best intentions.
- Stop caring so much about what everyone thinks (I know it’s hard) and more about what you think about yourself.
- Stop being so hard on yourself all the time.
- Learn to respect yourself. If you don’t set boundaries for yourself, you teach others that it’s okay to treat you how they want.
Let things take there course and handle one day and problem at a time. Life stops for no one, so you might as well hold on and enjoy the ride.